What Is WPC Board?
The term “wood plastic composite” refers to a panel or lumber component constructed from recycled plastic and small wood particles or fibers.
Wood-plastic composites are comparatively recent materials as opposed to natural timber or conventional wood composites such as particleboard or fiberboard, which have a long history.
WPC Boards are the perfect substitute for real wood and plywood. Wood-plastic composite Boards are the solution to many of the problems associated with plywood.
Wood-plastic composite boards have greater internal power, weight, and, most importantly, no trees are cut down in their construction. In the industrial age, new materials are being developed in the building industry on a daily basis as a result of technological innovation and science. Wood Plastic Composite is one such substance used in the construction industry (WPC).
It is an environmentally sustainable material that is emerging as a viable alternative to both natural wood and plywood. It is a construction material made from waste wood fibers and thermoplastics. They are blended to create a base material with a thick consistency. It is then extruded and molded to the desired shapes and sizes.
WPC Board Characteristics
- Raw material resource use: a majority of the biomass material is primarily waste use, with a broad variety of origins and low value; Plastic product standards are not high, and fresh, old, or blended materials will completely embody extensive and efficient resource use.
- The commodity can be plasticized: wood-plastic products are industrial products that can be randomly modified according to the needs of the user to manufacture materials of varying properties and shapes.
- Cost savings: wood-plastic products have allowed the transition of low-cost plant materials into high-value-added products with not only a relatively low maintenance cost but also a product life that is many times longer than that of wood. The systematic comparison has clear economic benefits.
Wood-plastic composites are composite materials consisting of wood fiber/wood flour and thermoplastic such as PE, PP, PVC, or PLA. Wood-plastic composites may include other lingo cellulosic and/or inorganic filler materials in addition to wood fibre and plastic.
Wood plastic composites are a subset of a broader class of materials known as natural fibre plastic composites (nfpcs), which may or may not include cellulose-based fiber fillers such as pulp fibers, peanut hulls, coffee husk, bamboo, straw, digestate, and so on.
The long-form of wood plastic composite is wood plastic composite boards, which are made up of 70 percent virgin rubber, 15 percent wood powder, and the remaining 15 percent addictive chemical. The wood plastic composite board’s density 60 gm/cm3.
WPC Board Price
Price: Rs 155/Square Feet
- Thickness = upto 3 inch
- Usage / Application = Industrial and commercial
- Size = 9′ x 6′
- Finish Type = Matte
- Material = wood plastic composite
Plywood Type = 5 – Ply Boards
In marketplaces wood plastic composite boards obtainable in 8 feet x 4 feet sizes however thickness of wood plastic composite boards differs. In marketplaces thickness of wood plastic composite boards accessible are 5 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 17 mm, 18 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm.
Advantages of WPC Boards
The advantages of WPC boards are as follows.
- Wood-plastic composite boards are fully termite as well as flood-resistant. As a result, they are a long-lasting commodity.
- WPC does not cause corrosion and is exceptionally resistant to rot, decay, including marine borer invasion.
- Wood-plastic composite board does not quite involve painting, staining, or oiling, but it prevents the use of easily polluting materials.
- A CNC router will cut any style on WPC boards. WPC grill finishing is equivalent to MDF, but it is also stronger.
- This can be shaped into various shapes and sizes based on the requirements and needs. As a result, it could be used to create artisan doors and windows that have a rich appearance and fine polishing.
- It is a polymer-based substance that self – extinguishes and does not spark a fire when it comes into contact with a fire source.
- It’s a fire-resistant material. It does not add to the propagation of the fire so it does not ignite like a flame.
- They are environmentally friendly because they are exempt of formaldehyde, lead, methanol, urea, and other toxic chemicals. This dangerous volatile chemical reaches the human body through touch and inhalation, causing severe health problems.
- It is made of recycled plastic and waste wood, making it a sustainable and environmentally friendly material. It has assured consistency because it includes modifiers, foaming agents, stabilizers, and other components that are combined in precise and strict ratios.
- With the support of Fevicol Heatx adhesive, laminate or veneer can be adhered to a wood plastic composite surface. For good bonding, the surface of the WPC board should be rubbed with 80 grit sandpaper.
- Both types of screws and nails can be quickly nailed using a regular tool. Wood-plastic composite boards are more capable of carrying screws and nails. You can also screw and unscrew at the same spot more than ten times. It does not come undone.
- It will not rust, crack, or warp like other forms of wood used in interior and furniture construction. Wood-plastic composite boards should be used under direct sunlight; they would not deteriorate. It is also a low – maintenance material.
- The material is extremely simple to manage and disinfect.
- The material is UV tolerant and its color does not fade quickly.
- WPC Board is very resilient and is unaffected by fog, snow, or extreme heat.
- Since the material is slip-resistant, it is perfect for use as deck flooring, especially near swimming pools.
- It is an excellent cladding material that is very weather resistant. It comes in a variety of colors and textures, which contribute to the overall charm of the structure.
- It is an expensive material, but it is efficient in the long run.
Disadvantages of WPC Boards
The disadvantages of WPC boards are as follows.
- When compared to wood, wood plastic composite has a lower tolerance to high temperatures. If you place kitchen utensils directly on wood plastic composite surfaces, they can melt if the temperature rises above 70°C.
- The laser cutter can not be used on wood plastic composite boards because it would melt them.
- It comprises a synthetic polymer and wood fibres, so it would have the shortcomings of all of these components.
- Wood-plastic composite material is more expensive than other materials used for the same purpose.
- It loses the natural wooden quality, which takes away the impression of natural wood.
Uses of WPC Boards
The uses of WPC boards are as follows.
- Wood-plastic composite boards can be found in interior and outdoor uses, as well as for advertising.
- Wood-plastic composite boards can be found in interior applications such as mobile kitchens, home, and office decor, wall paneling, ceiling solutions, wardrobes, automotive parts, control cabinets& panels, bathroom cabinets, window & door frames, and fencing.
- Wood-plastic composite boards can be used in exterior applications such as constructions/shuttering boards, exterior wall cladding, garden furniture, park benches & fences, prefabrication building, other exterior applications, and outdoor deck flooring.
- For the sake of promotion Signboards, show boards, direct digital printing, exhibition stands, and graphics can all be made from wood plastic composite boards.
- Wood-plastic composite boards are a common form of decking. The manufacturers include solid decking, hollow decking, mosaic decking, and a number of other alternatives.
- WPC boards are also widely used in the preparation of fencing. It is a stable and long-lasting material that can be used for garden fencing and other outdoor fencing applications.
- Wood-plastic composite boards are large and durable, and can therefore be used for wood paneling. It is used for internal and external wall paneling.
- Wood-plastic composite boards are used in a new architecture for interior ceilings, domestic furniture, shoe racks, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, interior partitioning, modular furnishing, among other applications.
Applications of WPC Boards
The wood plastic composite Board can be used to apply to the following components.
- Fencing: Since it is constructed of materials that are both flexible and sturdy, wood plastic composite Board is widely used in the construction of fences. You will find garden fences and other outside fences made of wood plastic composite Board.
- Paneling: The wood plastic composite Board is available in large sizes and is an excellent material for both indoor and outdoor paneling. It uses a long-lasting material to reinforce the paneling.
- Outdoor Decks: Since wood plastic composite provides a variety of decking choices, it is commonly found in outdoor patios and decks, such as hollow decking, solid decking, and many others.
- Other Interior Areas: The wood plastic composite Board is one of the most effective ways to decorate your house. These are usually used for house interiors, furniture items such as kitchen cabinets, doors, walls, and wardrobes.
[box title=”FAQ” style=”default” box_color=”#f2f2f2f2″ title_color=”#ffffff” radius=”3″]
Wood-plastic composites (WPCs) are composite materials made of wood fiber/wood flour and thermoplastic(s) such as PE, PP, PVC, or PLA. This type of WPC is different from WPC decking and is not intended for outdoor usage.
As its name might suggest, wood plastic composite (WPC) is a material created from a unique blend of natural wood and plastic fibers. Sawdust, pulp, bamboo, peanut hulls and unused woodworking materials, like bark, from a variety of projects, are combined with plastic powder to form WPC.
Wpc Board Price[table responsive=”yes” alternate=”no” fixed=”no”]
|Material||Min Price||Max Price|
|Plastic||Rs 70/Square Feet||Rs 180/Square Feet|
|Wood||Rs 42/Square Feet||Rs 123/Square Feet|
Advantages of Wpc Boards
- WPC boards come with assured quality.
- WPC material is highly fire resistant.
- The WPC material undergoes modern and high end surface treatment through paint or thermal transfer which makes the WPC profiles, doors or flooring look flourishing.
Disadvantages of Wpc Boards
- The resistance of WPC to extreme temperatures is low compared to wood.
- The cost of the WPC material is higher compared to the other materials used for the same purpose.
- Natural wood texture is lacking, due to the lack of natural wood feel when furniture or doors are made of this material.
Uses and Applications of Wpc Boards
In interior application, WPC boards can be used in modular kitchen, home & office furniture, wall panelling, ceiling solution, wardrobes, industrial section, control cabinets& panels, bathroom cabinets, window & doors frame and railing.[/box]