Table of Contents
Introduction of Automation in Construction
Construction is one of the largest industries all over the world. Various Reports state that the construction sector contributes to about 10% of the economy of the country.
The construction industry has one of the largest market capitalizations and potential. Despite there are many construction firms that are struggling due to a shortage of skilled workmanship and a slow rate of completion of the projects.
Nowadays there is a huge boost in construction automation. Construction automation plays a great role to improve the productivity and performance of the industry.
In this article, you will get to know all about construction Automation and its advantages and applications in the construction Industry.
Automation is defined as self-regulating with the use of computerized machines to execute various tasks. It will help to increase and improve the productivity and safety of construction projects.
Automation in Technology is mainly concerned with the application of innovative and computer-based systems to operate and control the overall method of production.
There is a huge scope in construction Automation which consists of the entire construction process. Automation in Construction Industry makes appropriate use of machines, electronic devices, and computer software for various construction works.
The main purpose of using automation and robotics in the construction industry is to reduce the effort, and time conjunction, and increase productivity so that it can be completed with less cost.
The primary need for automation in the construction industry is to increase the speed of construction with maximum productivity and to protect humans from safety and health hazards.
There are various problems which are associated with construction work such as the low quality of products and shortage of skilled workers.
All the problems that are associated with construction sites can be overcome by the implementation of automation in the construction industry. It has tremendous potential to improve the quality, safety, and productivity of the Construction Industry.
Where Are Use Automation in Construction Sector?
Automation in construction different areas used are as follows.
1. Automation and Robotics in Construction Sector and Precast Concrete Industry
Automation and Robotics in the construction sector and precast concrete Industry change the whole procedure of the construction Industry.
Precast concrete and Modular system take center stage in the Construction Industry. Due to constant changes in prefabrication and in situ construction, it is very necessary to adopt digital planning and various innovative working methods in the construction industry.
2. Automation and Robotics in Prefabrication of Masonry and On-Site Masonry Construction
There is also advancement and the use of 3D printing of concrete is increasing day by day. The use of 3D printing with robots to produce formwork and reinforcement.
The conventional method of prefabrication can be made flexible and cheaper by using automation and robotics in the prefabrication of masonry and on-site masonry construction.
One of the main challenging tasks on the construction site is to support laborers in their work with machines. There is a need for intelligent use of planning knowledge in combination with easy configuration and adaptability on the construction site.
The highly complex megastructure can also be constructed with incremental spot welding. The development of additive manufacturing through the robot fabrication of incremental point building in steel construction technology.
3. Automation and Robotics in Timber Construction
Automation and Robotics in timber construction integrate advanced computational design. The innovation in timber construction increasing day by day with digital fabrication tools such as CNC machines having become well-established in the Timber industry.
Automation and Robotics in timber construction and advanced robotic fabrication in Timber have shown great results in the development of manufacturing processes and various construction systems.
Mass Timber construction provides a great opportunity to develop more adaptive and geometrical innovative construction projects.
4. Automation and Robotics in Production of Steel Components
There is a huge advancement in construction technology which shapes the design of the architecture from new digital information workflows. Nowadays there is the development of new processes for using machines and materials with the help of automation and robotics in the production of steel components.
This development also affects the Steel construction industry. the procedure of construction of Steel industries totally changed with the advancement in technology and with the use of automation and robotics in the construction of Steel components.
The development in the robotic fabrication of 3D printing in steel components leads to advancement in construction technology and new ways of mass customizing. In the end, automation and robotics in the construction industry help to improve the productivity and efficiency of construction methods.
Advantages of Automation in Construction Industry
The Advantages of Construction Automation Are as Follows:
- Automation in the construction industry will easily execute jobs which is very difficult to be done with the help of laborers.
- It will help to conduct complex work in dangerous locations.
- Construction automation provides a uniform quality product with more precision.
- Automation in the construction industry provides more precise and uniform quality products.
- It improves the safety of the workers and enhances the quality of the work.
- Automation gives higher output and increased productivity with less variability.
- Automation reduces the cost required for a project and increases the efficiency and productivity of the project.
- Automation provides greater control and consistency and a safe working environment.
Applications of Automation in Construction Industry
The various applications of automation in the construction industry are as follows:
- Automation in the construction industry has wide applications in timber construction.
- Automation also has applications in the construction of steel components.
- Automation is useful in on-site physical tasks such as laying bricks with the help of robots.
- It helps the project team to identify and analyze the mistakes for efficient execution of the work.
- Automation helps to conduct the various labor tasks at various locations where the workers cannot do them.
- There will be very less dependability on laborers with the use of automation in construction.
- Automation is also used in the operation and maintenance of the Buildings.
Examples of Automation and Robotics in the Construction Industry
There are various examples of automation and Robotics in the construction industry which are as follows:
- Use of Drones in the survey working areas all of the automated monitoring of work sites without the need for active supervision. It will also allow construction companies to conduct free project inspections and other important site monitoring activities.
- The use of autonomous machines on the construction site is used to transport materials across the worksite and to haul heavy items without posing a risk to workers.
- The use of Robotics in concrete work is used to mix concrete and lay the cement which allows construction companies to prepare precast and ready-mix concrete products.
- Virtual Reality in the construction of all of the companies to plan for a project even before they lay down a single brick. It simulates a realistic environment that allows builders to analyze the various structures using a series of scanned images.