Table of Contents
What Is Sandbag Cofferdam?
The cofferdam is a short-term design that supports the building activity behind the logical waterless situation. A sandbag is none but a bag covered with sand and brick. While these sandbags will apply to create a cofferdam, it will call a sandbag cofferdam.
In this process, void bags will equal as needed. Then they will part cover with a blend of bricks and sands. It will notice that sandbag cofferdam can resist the dissolute of water present happily. The slope of the coffer dam is very sharp as sandbags also manage a parallel face.
Advantages of Sandbag Cofferdam
Here, pros of sandbag cofferdam are as follows.
- To benefit dynamic pile function.
- To locate row and float base.
- Install base of piers and support of the platform, bolt, etc.
- To surround a place for the separation of lake or ocean.
- To offer an operation foundation for the construction base while water will face it.
- To offer a place for conducting the base activity except harming.
Common Problem Using Sandbags for Dewatering
- Creating sandbags takes plenty of time.
- The sandbagging required more labor.
- Sandbags will be challenging to incline.
- Sandbags make more dirt.
- Sandbags are not good when it more long-lasting.
- Sandbags will be the sloppy result of flooding.