Introduction of Panelled Window and Glazed Window
- The window is one of the vital building components. By the window sunlight, ventilation of the building is properly balanced.
- It also regulates the temperature of the house; it also highlights the house.
- The window provided a sensation of transparency to the living territories.
- When we construct a new window, then we consider various styles, the cost of the window, etc.
- The fact that being utilized for a similar reason, both the windows are their properties, security, accessibility, cost, and so on.
- panelled window vs. glazed window difference is a very important topic in civil engineering.
The Name of Window Parts
The main parts of the window are following-
What Is Panelled Window?
- The very old version of a window is a Panelled window; it is very common around the world nowadays.
- Generally, these panels have been made out of wood, but today, they are composed of different materials like titanium, vinyl, etc.
- The frame members of panelled windows such as stiles and rails meet outside.
- Sometimes single, dual, 3, or 6 panels of windows are included in the paneled window. But also the windows maybe half paneled and half glazed also.
Also Read: What Is Gable Roof | History of Gable Roofing | Gable Roof Design | Parts of Gable Roof | Types of Gable Roofs | How Long Can the Roof Last? | Gable Roof Advantages and Disadvantages | Cost of Gable Roof Construction |
What Is Glazed Window?
- In a glazed window, the panels of the window are completely glazed, and that is made of glass.
- Compare to a paneled window, this window gives us more sunshine, especially while it is shut; it is highly accessible in a number of different forms.
- The top rail, as well as the bottom rail, is the framework of the structure.
- This type of window is basically provided as the design structures of both residential and government buildings.
- In various styles Glazed window is available such as etched glass windows, frosted glass windows, tinted glass windows, double glazed windows, etc.
Difference Between Paneled Window and Glazed Window
There are different types of differences present between these two windows, those are-
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Composition:
Composition of Panelled Window
- Wood, metal, aluminum, PVC, or even fiberglass frames, etc., are the main materials to construct the paneled window.
Composition of Glazed Window
- Glass panels with a wooden shutter frame like aluminum frame, mixture of glass-like frosted glass, hardened glass, etched glass, is the main component of the glazed window.
Also Read: What Are Conceptual Sketches | Concept Sketch Definition | Use of Concept Sketches in Class | Using Concept Sketches in the Field | Architecture Concept Drawings | Difference Between Sketches and Drawings
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Uses
Uses of Panelled Window:
- This type of window is widely used in private or municipal buildings.
Uses of Glazed Window:
- In institutional and private buildings, this type of window is widely used. In workplaces, clinics, shopping areas, it is seen as an architectural structure. It also has aesthetic beauty.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Advantages:
Advantages of paneled window:
- This type of window is strong and solid because it is contrasted with coated window.
- This type of window can be made in different shapes.
- Panelled window provides extra security and safety.
Advantages of Paneled Window:
- This type of window allows more daylight than paneled window.
- Glazed windows allow more daylight and a beautiful outside view through the window. One can easily watch the outside.
- This window gives us the beautiful and aesthetic beauty of the building.
- Glazed windows are available in the market in different varieties like leaded glass, scratched glass, etc.
- This type of window provides less security rather than paneled window, and sometimes it has some soundproof coating materials.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Disadvantages:
Disadvantages of Panelled Window:
- The main disadvantage of the paneled window is it’s very heavy considering the glazed window.
- This type of window is not economical because the cost of wood is very high.
- When the window is totally locked, there is no space for incoming light; the room will be fully dark.
- If the wood is not well seasoned, then it will bend.
- A sliding window is not possible because of the high weight of the wood.
Disadvantages of the Glazed Windows:
- This type of window is less solid and robust than the paneled window.
- This type of window cleaning operation is much more needed.
- In this window, there is a high chance of robbery due to its greater transparency. So it is not very safe for domestic building.
- The glazed window requires curtains to prevent the sunlight.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Properties:
Panelled Window Properties:
- Durability: Panelled window is more durable than a glazed window.
- Permeability: In monsoon time, this type of window needs to shut because it stretches and falls.
- Flexural strength or breaking strength: It has good flexural strength.
- Freeze resistance: IT does not look good at freeze resistance.
- Scratch resistance: It has low scratch-resistance ability compared with a glazed window.
- Stain tolerance: Panelled window has low stain tolerance power.
- UV light resistance: It has poor UV resistance power.
Properties of the Glazed Window:
- Durability: This window is less durable than the glazed window.
- Flexural strength: Glazed window has poor flexural strength and high breaking strength.
- Absorption of water: This type of window does not contain moisture, and it’s very easy to operate.
- Scratch resistance: It has a high scratch resistance ability.
- Freeze resistance: Glazed window has a high freeze resistance ability.
- Stain resistance: It has high staining tolerance.
- UV light resistance: Glazed window has UV ray resistance power compared to the paneled window.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Installing:
Panelled Window Installing:
Trained labour is required to install this type of window due to its high weight.
Glazed Window Installing:
This type of window installing is quite simple, and the weight is not too much like the previous one, so it requires less trained labour.
Also Read: Concrete Release Agent | Concrete Form Release Agent | Concrete Formwork Release Agent | Concrete Form Release Oil | Concrete Mold Release Agent | Homemade Concrete Release Agent | Concrete Release Agent for Wood | How to Keep Concrete from Sticking to Wood | Fiberglass Release Agent |
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Maintenance:
Panelled Window Maintenance:
The maintenance process is difficult in the paneled window, so this type of window is dirtier.
Glazed Window Maintenance:
The cleaning process in the glazed is easy due to the glossy finish compared with the paneled window.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Size:
Size of paneled window:
- (60 x 120) cm
- (75 x 140) cm
- (50 x 100) cm
- (80 x 120) cm
Size of glazed window:
- (60 x 90) cm
- (80 x 120) cm
- (92.5 x 130) cm
- (90 x 135) cm
Also Read: What Is Epoxy? | What Is Epoxy Flooring? | Types of Epoxy Flooring | Advantages of Epoxy Flooring | Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring | Uses of Epoxy Flooring | Application Process of Epoxy Flooring
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Expenses:
Panelled window expenses: The expenses of the paneled window is a little bit higher than the glazed window. The cost is 250-3000 rs/ sq.ft.
Glazed window expenses: The expenses of the glazed window are lower compare to the paneled window; the cost is 150-2000 rs/ sq.ft.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window Manufacture:
Panelled window manufacture: This type of window is made of wood, plywood, etc.
Glazed window manufacture: This type of window is made of Hindustan National Glass & Industries Ltd, (HNG) and other glass manufacturing companies.