Introduction of Panelled Window and Glazed Window
- The window is one of the vital building components. By the window sunlight, ventilation of the building is properly balanced.
- It also regulates the temperature of the house; it also highlights the house.
- The window provided a sensation of transparency to the living territories.
- When we construct a new window, then we consider various styles, the cost of the window, etc.
- The fact that being utilized for a similar reason, both the windows are their properties, security, accessibility, cost, and so on.
- panelled window vs. glazed window difference is a very important topic in civil engineering.
The Name of Window Parts
The main parts of the window are following-
What Is Panelled Window?
- The very old version of a window is a Panelled window; it is very common around the world nowadays.
- Generally, these panels have been made out of wood, but today, they are composed of different materials like titanium, vinyl, etc.
- The frame members of panelled windows such as stiles and rails meet outside.
- Sometimes single, dual, 3, or 6 panels of windows are included in the paneled window. But also the windows maybe half paneled and half glazed also.
Also Read: What Is Gable Roof | History of Gable Roofing | Gable Roof Design | Parts of Gable Roof | Types of Gable Roofs | How Long Can the Roof Last? | Gable Roof Advantages and Disadvantages | Cost of Gable Roof Construction |
What Is Glazed Window?
- In a glazed window, the panels of the window are completely glazed, and that is made of glass.
- Compare to a paneled window, this window gives us more sunshine, especially while it is shut; it is highly accessible in a number of different forms.
- The top rail, as well as the bottom rail, is the framework of the structure.
- This type of window is basically provided as the design structures of both residential and government buildings.
- In various styles Glazed window is available such as etched glass windows, frosted glass windows, tinted glass windows, double glazed windows, etc.
Also Read: How to Building Construction Process Step by Step
Difference Between Paneled Window and Glazed Window
There are different types of differences present between these two windows, those are-
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Composition:
Composition of Panelled Window
- Wood, metal, aluminum, PVC, or even fiberglass frames, etc., are the main materials to construct the paneled window.
Composition of Glazed Window
- Glass panels with a wooden shutter frame like aluminum frame, mixture of glass-like frosted glass, hardened glass, etched glass, is the main component of the glazed window.
Also Read: What Are Conceptual Sketches | Concept Sketch Definition | Use of Concept Sketches in Class | Using Concept Sketches in the Field | Architecture Concept Drawings | Difference Between Sketches and Drawings
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Uses
Uses of Panelled Window:
- This type of window is widely used in private or municipal buildings.
Uses of Glazed Window:
- In institutional and private buildings, this type of window is widely used. In workplaces, clinics, shopping areas, it is seen as an architectural structure. It also has aesthetic beauty.
Also Read: What Is Workability | What Is Workability of Concrete | Types of Workability of Concrete | Factors Affecting Workability of Concrete
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Advantages:
Advantages of paneled window:
- This type of window is strong and solid because it is contrasted with coated window.
- This type of window can be made in different shapes.
- Panelled window provides extra security and safety.
Advantages of Paneled Window:
- This type of window allows more daylight than paneled window.
- Glazed windows allow more daylight and a beautiful outside view through the window. One can easily watch the outside.
- This window gives us the beautiful and aesthetic beauty of the building.
- Glazed windows are available in the market in different varieties like leaded glass, scratched glass, etc.
- This type of window provides less security rather than paneled window, and sometimes it has some soundproof coating materials.
Also Read: What Is Plum Concrete | Purpose of Plum Concrete | How to Prepare Plum Concrete | Advantages &Disdvantages of Plum Concrete
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Disadvantages:
Disadvantages of Panelled Window:
- The main disadvantage of the paneled window is it’s very heavy considering the glazed window.
- This type of window is not economical because the cost of wood is very high.
- When the window is totally locked, there is no space for incoming light; the room will be fully dark.
- If the wood is not well seasoned, then it will bend.
- A sliding window is not possible because of the high weight of the wood.
Disadvantages of the Glazed Windows:
- This type of window is less solid and robust than the paneled window.
- This type of window cleaning operation is much more needed.
- In this window, there is a high chance of robbery due to its greater transparency. So it is not very safe for domestic building.
- The glazed window requires curtains to prevent the sunlight.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Properties:
Panelled Window Properties:
- Durability: Panelled window is more durable than a glazed window.
- Permeability: In monsoon time, this type of window needs to shut because it stretches and falls.
- Flexural strength or breaking strength: It has good flexural strength.
- Freeze resistance: IT does not look good at freeze resistance.
- Scratch resistance: It has low scratch-resistance ability compared with a glazed window.
- Stain tolerance: Panelled window has low stain tolerance power.
- UV light resistance: It has poor UV resistance power.
Properties of the Glazed Window:
- Durability: This window is less durable than the glazed window.
- Flexural strength: Glazed window has poor flexural strength and high breaking strength.
- Absorption of water: This type of window does not contain moisture, and it’s very easy to operate.
- Scratch resistance: It has a high scratch resistance ability.
- Freeze resistance: Glazed window has a high freeze resistance ability.
- Stain resistance: It has high staining tolerance.
- UV light resistance: Glazed window has UV ray resistance power compared to the paneled window.
Also Read: What Is Grouting | Type of Grouting | Experiment of Grouting | Characteristics of Grouting | Types of Grout for Ceramic Tile | Advantage of Grouting | Disadvantage of Grouting
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Installing:
Panelled Window Installing:
Trained labour is required to install this type of window due to its high weight.
Glazed Window Installing:
This type of window installing is quite simple, and the weight is not too much like the previous one, so it requires less trained labour.
Also Read: Concrete Release Agent | Concrete Form Release Agent | Concrete Formwork Release Agent | Concrete Form Release Oil | Concrete Mold Release Agent | Homemade Concrete Release Agent | Concrete Release Agent for Wood | How to Keep Concrete from Sticking to Wood | Fiberglass Release Agent |
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Maintenance:
Panelled Window Maintenance:
The maintenance process is difficult in the paneled window, so this type of window is dirtier.
Glazed Window Maintenance:
The cleaning process in the glazed is easy due to the glossy finish compared with the paneled window.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Size:
Size of paneled window:
- (60 x 120) cm
- (75 x 140) cm
- (50 x 100) cm
- (80 x 120) cm
Size of glazed window:
- (60 x 90) cm
- (80 x 120) cm
- (92.5 x 130) cm
- (90 x 135) cm
Also Read: What Is Epoxy? | What Is Epoxy Flooring? | Types of Epoxy Flooring | Advantages of Epoxy Flooring | Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring | Uses of Epoxy Flooring | Application Process of Epoxy Flooring
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window: Expenses:
Panelled window expenses: The expenses of the paneled window is a little bit higher than the glazed window. The cost is 250-3000 rs/ sq.ft.
Glazed window expenses: The expenses of the glazed window are lower compare to the paneled window; the cost is 150-2000 rs/ sq.ft.
Panelled Window Vs Glazed Window Manufacture:
Panelled window manufacture: This type of window is made of wood, plywood, etc.
Glazed window manufacture: This type of window is made of Hindustan National Glass & Industries Ltd, (HNG) and other glass manufacturing companies.
[note note_color=”#F2F2F2 ” text_color=”#333333″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]
Also Read: What Is Bituminous Road? | Bituminous Road Construction | Bituminous Road Layers | Bituminous Macadam | Bituminous Road Construction Process | Advantages of Bitumen Road | Disadvantages of Bitumen Road | Application Road
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Suggested Read –
- What Is Fresh Concrete? | Properties of Fresh Concrete | Factors Affecting Workability
- What Is Flyash Brick? | Fly Ash Bricks Cost | Properties of Flyash Bricks | Fly Ash Bricks Manufacturing Process | Compressive Strength of Fly Ash Brick | Fly Ash Brick Size | Advantages &Disadvantages of Fly Ash Bricks
- What Is Estimate? | Types of Estimate | Advantage of Estimate | Disadvantage of Estimate
- What Is Epoxy? | What Is Epoxy Flooring? | Types of Epoxy Flooring | Advantages of Epoxy Flooring | Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring | Uses of Epoxy Flooring | Application Process of Epoxy Flooring
- Difference Between Short Column and Long Column