Table of Contents
Purpose of Tile Flooring in the House
There are some essential purposes behind fitting tiles in the home, It is effortlessly found in the market and provides many kinds of designs, colors, and shapes. Tiles have a shiny fresh floor, which provides free wash.
The tiles are long-lasting design materials.
The flooring tiles used in the bedroom, living room, kitchen, drawing room, balcony, bath basin, etc. it is good for you to select tiles from a famous brand; I want to recommend you to use Lavish Ceramics floor tiles like:
Polished Glazed Vitrified Tiles
- Double charge tiles
- Glazed porcelain tiles
- Outdoor tiles
- Soluble salt tiles
- Wooden tiles
Also Read: Top 10 Tiles Companies in India 2021
What Are Tiles?
A tile is a good development material, especially oval or quadrate size. It structures from solid materials like ceramic, metal, stone, and even glass or baked clay, used for designing floors, terraces, and walls.
Standard Size of Flooring Tiles
Floor tiles are in oval and quadrate sizes, and they come in different shapes to select. Many of the standard sizes of floor tiles, wall-size are given in the following,
Wall Tile Size
- 10-inch x 12 inch
- Eight inches x 10 inches is also bigger can use.
Floor Tile Size
- 18 in x 18 in
- 12 in x 12 in
- 12 in x 24 in
Some structured even build the bigger shape of tiles in sizes of 24”x48”, 36”x 36”, and 48”x 48”.
The more oversized tiles have a simple design and grace; they are toughly amazing on the floors. If you choose a fashionable and straightforward climate, big floor tiles are absolute for you, and if you decide on ageless tiles, then there is an unlimited option.
In kitchen flooring tiles, the 12-inch tiles are standard and designed from various materials such as ceramic, porcelain, and different kind of stone.
The standard tile size for the bath is 8 inches, 4 inches, 6 inches, and 2 inches. Wall attire for bath floor and walls are tiny checker tiles to huge tiles, which can arrive meters in the distance.
Selecting the correct shape of floor tile is necessary to look your house a wonderful glow. Choosing a tiny bath floor tile shape, you should remember that big tiles generate a peaceful environment which is absolute for baths in remote places.
Choose a massive figure of calm colors like oval or gray, or white tiles, which appear attractive in bathrooms and can design upright and plane.
Useful Article for You
- What Are Brick Dimensions
- What Are Concept Drawings
- What Are Pile Caps
- What Are Cranes Used for
- What Are Rafters
- What Are Washers
- What Are Driveways Made of
- What Are Contour Intervals
- What Are Plumbing Fittings
- What Are Weirs Used for
- What Are Drapes
- What Are Coffered Ceilings
- What Are Weep Holes Used For
- What Are Piers in Construction
- What Are Kerbs
- What Are the Parts of a Bridge
- What Are Partition Walls
- What Are Standard Door Sizes
- What Are the Dimensions of a Parking Space
- What Are Caissons
How Much Time Do I Need for Installation of Tiles?
In the beginning, we will calculate the no. of tiles used for the floor in an sq. m unit.
Step-1 Calculates the Area of the Floor.
- Take the distance and breadth of your floor in the meter unit.
- Let the length is 11m, and the width is 10m.
- So it is an 11m x 10m room.
Step-2- Measurement the Area of the Floor
- Measure the width and the length of the room and multiply the two measurements together.
- So, area =length x width = 11m x 10m =110 sq.
Step-3 Calculate the Size of the Tiles.
- Take measurements of the tile chosen to design in the flooring area.
- Suppose the size of tile is 0.40 x 0.40 (40cm x 40cm)
Step-4 Calculate the Area of the Tile
- Area of tile= 0.30m x 0.30m = 0.9 sq. m.
Step-5 Calculates the No. of Tiles Necessary for a Floor
- Nos. of tiles = area of floor/ area of one tile = 90/0.9 = 100 nos.
- Note-always possibility of damage because sometimes piece needs some areas. So, always count 5% extra diffusion while measuring the tiles required for a floor.
- Nos of tiles= 100 +5% wastage= 100+ (100 x 0.05) = 100 + 5 = 105 nos.
Useful Article for You
- How Much Does Hempcrete Cost
- How to Build a Lean to Roof
- How Dense Is Sand
- How to Make Mortar from Scratch
- How Tall Is a Kitchen Counter
- How to Use a Hand Sight Level
- How to Resurface Concrete
- How to Layout a Building
- How Is the Skeleton Similar to the Frame of a House
- How to Seal a Brick Wall
- How to Use Portland Cement
- How to Form a Monolithic Slab
- How to Get Rid of Gloss Paint Fumes
- How Are Bridge Foundations Built
- How to Calculate Fineness Modulus
- How to Measure Slump in Concrete
- How Does a Cantilever Bridge Work
- How Much Is Flagstone Per Square Foot
- How Does Hydrometer Work
- How to Mix Dry Pack Mortar
How to Calculate Number of Tiles Needed for a Room?
Here, the following steps for caution of tiles.
- In skirting tiles measurement, a no of avoiding tiles is measured by dividing the room’s constant meter by the length of the skirting tile chosen.
- Let skirting tiles size is 20cm x 5cm.
- The above size tile is 0.20m in the tile length and 0.05m in the tile height.
- of skirting tiles= 36m/ 0.20m = 7.2
- Nos of skirting tiles= 8 m.
How to Calculate Skirting Tiles?
Here, the following steps for caution of skating tiles.
- The skirting amount calculates in the meter. So, to measure the no of skirting tiles needed to calculate the length of the floor.
- Take the measure of the room is 10m x 9m.
- Then, calculate the perimeter of the room.
- If you have the length and width of the room, then multiply the length and width twice and add it.
- Constant meter length of the room= (2 x 10m) + (2 x 9m) = 38m
- We have to subtract the length of doors because skirting does not offer the door choice.
- Size of door = 2m x 2.2m, length=2m.
- Absolute meter length of skirting = 38 m – 2m = 36m.
- So, 38m is the running meter of the room.